This was our fifty-seventh Courthouse in Texas to visit. That means we are at 22.4% of our goal with 77.6% left to go.
This Courthouse was built in 1911 by the architectural company of Chamberlin & Co. The material used was brick and sandstone. This 1911 is in the style known as Texas Renaissance. In fact, the Late Williard Robinson, called it the archetype of the style – according to Courthouses of Texas by Mavis Kelsey and Donald H. Dyal.
The courthouse in San Saba is one of the few courthouses in Texas with a statement (“From the people to the people”) carved over its entrances. The architect of this courthouse, Walter Chamberlain, also designed the Deaf Smith County courthouse in Hereford which was built in 1910.