This was our fifty-eighth Courthouse in Texas to visit. That means we are at 22.8% of our goal with 77.2% left to go. The Llano County Courthouse was built in 1892. This is Llano County’s fourth courthouse and was designed by A. O. Watson and Jacob Larmour. A fire on January 22, 1892 destroyed the previous courthouse. The present one was completed August 1, 1893.
Llano County Courthouse was designed by Austin architect A. O. Watson, this building is the fourth courthouse for Llano County. Work on the structure began in 1892 and was completed one year later. The contractors were J. A. and G. H. Wilson of Sulphur Springs. The courthouse was later surrounded by an iron fence, but only the stone foundations remain. Exterior styling of the building features detailing of sandstone, marble, and granite. Fires damaged the interior in 1932 and 1952.