This was our fifty-ninth Courthouse in Texas to visit. That means we are at 23.2% of our goal with 76.8% left to go. Built in 1937 by architectural firm of Wirtz and Calhoun. (Lewis Milton Wirtz and Herald Calhoun) in the moderne style. It is made locally quarried granite and funded in part by the WPA. The 1974 addition was designed by Willis Environmental Engineering of Marble Falls, Texas. L. M. Wirtz also designed the Guadalupe County courthouse in Seguin, Texas.