This was our sixtieth Courthouse in Texas to visit. That means we are at 23.6% of our goal with 76.4% left to go. Built in 1883 by W.C. Dodson in the Second Empire Courthouse style using limestone. The 1883 Lampasas County Courthouse is the third oldest Texas Courthouse still functioning as one.
In 1984 the clockwork was moved to the first floor for public viewing. Molding was placed on the first floor walls at the high water mark from the 1957 flood.