This was our one hundred-thirty-ninth Courthouse in Texas to visit. That means we are at 54.7% of our goal with 45.3% left to go.
Date – 1886 Architect – William Johnson Style – Renaissance Revival Material – Brick
The 1886 Courthouse stands next to the Leon County Jail on the square. A misunderstanding between county commissioners and the contractor resulted in the cost being almost double of the estimate. The 1858 Courthouse burned in 1886 and was replaced.
Only the 1886 courthouse is still standing. The front side of the Courthouse faces Saint Mary’s (Texas 7.)