This was our one hundred-fifty-ninth Courthouse in Texas to visit. That means we are at 62.6% of our goal with 37.4% left to go.
Date – 1953 Architect – Puckett & French Style – Modern Material – Brick, concrete and tile
The third courthouse was built in 1953 to replace one from 1908. “Progress is not necessarily forward. In the mid-fifties the new Soviet-style courthouse was erected. The beautiful and architecturally-tasteful red sandstone structures from 1908 were demolished. Left of the courthouse stands the Sheriff’s residence and jail. To the right is the old courthouse showing the side entrance. Behind the courthouse is the City Hall and Fire House.” – Doyle Phillips