This was our fifty-fourth Courthouse in Texas to visit. That means we are at 20.9% of our goal with 79.1% left to go.
This one was built in 1968 and the modern design was produced by architect, Pierce, Norris & Pace. The building stands on the site of the 1884 building.
The 1884 Baylor County courthouse was designed in an Italianate style by Dallas architect James E. Flanders. It was built with rough and dressed gray sandstone by the contracting firm of Ferrier Brothers & Wirz, who were the architects of the 1888 Knox County courthouse. Its original tower makes its appearance similar to the courthouses that Flanders designed for Jack and Shackelford counties.