This was our one hundred-seventy-fourth Courthouse in Texas to visit. That means we are at 68.5% of our goal with 31.5% left to go.
Constructed in 1884, this courthouse replaced one built soon after Floresville was chosen Wilson County seat in 1871. Designed by noted San Antonio architect Alfred Giles, this Italianate structure was constructed of bricks made in a local brickyard. It features entry pavilions supported on Doric columns, a bracketed cornice along the roofline, and a noteworthy central tower with steeple.