This was our forty-sixth Courthouse in Texas to visit. That means we are at 18.1% of our goal with 81.9% left to go.
Wichita County was formed from Young Land District. It was created on February 1, 1858 and organized on June 21, 1882. It is named for the Wichita Indians who formerly resided here. The Courthouse is a 1916 courthouse that has been totally remodeled except for an original courtroom on the fourth floor.