This was our ninety-sixth Courthouse in Texas to visit. That means we are at 37.8% of our goal with 62.2% left to go. We noticed the beautiful clock tower with no ugly clocks to ruin the look.
County organized 1876, with Brady as county seat; first courthouse built 1879. Present courthouse (second and on same site) completed 1900; Martin and Moodie, contractors, for “turn key” construction. Local labor and materials were used as far as practical. Native sandstone from local quarries. Modified Roman architecture employing arch vault. Victorian cupola; pine woodwork, flooring, at time of construction.