This was our one hundred-tenth Courthouse in Texas to visit. That means we are at 43.3% of our goal with 56.7% left to go.
In 1876 the Texas legislature created Lynn County, which organized in 1903 with Tahoka as county seat. A two-story frame structure on this site served as courthouse until citizens approved a bond election for the current building in Jul. 1915. Designed by William M. Rice and built by A.Z. Rogers, the three-story building with full basement housed courtrooms, office space and the county jail. Completed in Dec. 1916, the reinforced concrete building with red brick and cast stone veneer exhibits classical revival style in symmetrical facades repeated on opposite sides and porticos with ionic columns.