This was our ninety-fourth Courthouse in Texas to visit. That means we are at 37% of our goal with 63% left to go.
The county was named after Alamo defender Geo. C. Kimble. Originally the County Seat was the short-lived (and often flooded) town of Kimbleville.
The current Kimble County Courthouse was built in 1929. There were two others, one in 1878 and another in 1885. The first one burned, necessitating the second. The second was burned in 1888, but was repaired.