This was our ninetieth Courthouse in Texas to visit. That means we are at 35.4% of our goal with 64.6% left to go.
First permanent courthouse for county, which was organized in 1856, but used makeshift quarters for offices and courtrooms until this building was erected 1890-91. The style is a local version of the Second Renaissance Revival. The white limestone for the structure was quarried locally. B.F. Trester of San Antonio drew the plans–for $5. Contractors: Ed Braden & Sons. Interior was remodeled and a wing added in 1966.